Friday, April 28, 2006

Vote If You Want Him/Her To Stay!

The Singapore General Election is very much like Singapore Idol/ Project Superstar.
Vote for your favourite politician!

Feel that the recent dialogue some journalists had with MM Mr Lee didn't reflect the general opinion of the ground.
One said that young people nowdays were apolitical. That the kids in secondary sch etc did not care about the state of Singapore at all.
Well of course! In secondary school I was more concerned with looking good in the neoprints I took when I skipped class, hanging out in town, making a nuisance of myself.
MM Lee said later on that if that was the state of affairs nowadays, he felt a little sad.
Oh man! I hate to see an old man sad!
I do care about what the parties have to offer my GRC.
In fact, Im more than happy to vote and I can't wait to make an informed decision.

The political scene in Singapore is special for obvious reasons.
In addition, there are various characters who spice things up the wrong way.
I find it incomprehensible that someone who is relatively highly educated can act like my neighbourhood beng.
Maybe its just a Singaporean trait bah!
Glad they are not contesting in my GRC or else my vote would be a no-brainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home